Sponsor Me!

Currently, I'm publishing sporadically (as in, there has been a span of 10 months between the last post and the current post). I'd like to write and publish more. Unfortunately, I'm a super busy person, especially since I work a 9 to 5 job five days a week. If you want to help me free up more time, so I can write and publish more, please buy me a coffee or sponsor me through recurring Patreon payments (so you don't forget!).

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com


Become a Patron!


Sunday, October 08, 2017

Live Twittervism: Illinois Democractic Gubernatorial Debate at the Chicago Teacher's Union

I had originally planned on re-posting here a Twitter thread/Facebook post that I still intend on posting here some day, seeing as how I'm still busy focusing on reading open submissions to Uncanny Magazine and I didn't think today would be predictable enough to publish a blog post that would satisfy me. Seeing as how I Live Tweeted today the debate between the Illinois Democratic gubernatorial candidates, I think I can better serve at least my Illinois audience by re-posting them here. The rest of my audience might enjoy these posts, too.

In full disclosure: In case you don't know, I support Ameya Pawar. This thread does favor him. I may not show as much seriousness about the other candidates. Also, as much I tried to get verbatim quotes, I didn't meet with 100% accuracy or get as many quotes as covered by the whole debate. Where I could, I put double quoted what I believe are as exact quotes as I could take and left summarized words without quotes.

Also I want the best candidate to win, and I don't want Bruce Rauner to stay in office. With that in mind, I have included some quotes and summaries about some of the other candidates who said things that I agree with. I also did not include all the candidates in this transcription. I haven't really heard of them before today or before an article I read the other day about how they were willing to work with Amazon to get a new headquarters into Illinois. It's still early in the race, so I can't say whether they have a serious chance or not, but most of the candidates I mention in this stream already have name recognition to me, so I see them as the serious contenders at this point.

All that said, here we go! It starts with Facebook post that apparently didn't make it to Twitter:

Ameya Pawar campaign showed up to debate with a bang! Marched w/ a drum corp. #PawartothePeople!


















UPDATE: Just heard a clip of Pawar on NPR. He made a point to say in another portion that he made it as far as he did because of his community.

















If you like what you see here and in the past and want to free me up for more, support my endeavors by Buying Me a Coffee!

No comments:



Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com